The Vox Essence Music Star Search
ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
The Vox Essence Music Star Search is part of our commitment to find raw music talent that is untapped.
If you feel you have the goods, participate!
1. ELIGIBILITY. Everyone is eligible for the contest, but every individual must:
(i) Be a legal resident of Canada and USA, everyone is eligible for the contest, if you are 16 years or younger of age must have their parent or legal guardian co-sign all necessary documentation including entry forms, waivers and releases required.
2. Solo performers as well as groups/bands are welcome. . The artists must from the time of entry through the termination of the Contest not obligated under a recording, publishing or management agreement that would prevent them from accepting any of the prizes.
3. Employees, representatives, agents, immediate family members of employees, representatives, agents and persons domiciled with employees representatives or agents of Canvue Productions Inc. and Hitman Records (collectively, "Sponsors") and the Sponsor's respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies any sponsor and any entity involved in the production, implementation, administration, fulfillment of the Contest or Judges of the Contest (and persons domiciled with Judges) ("Administrators") or a member of the immediate family or household of any of the above are not eligible to participate in the Contest. In these Rules, ("immediate family") means husband or wife, spouse, mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. The Vox Essence Music Star Search reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER.
1. Submit and register your profile and provide your YouTube link of your original song, one page bio on the website.
2. The Contest will start on July 4th 2011 and will end up on December 17th 2011
3. Deadline for registration for contestants is August 15th 2011
4. The Judging Criteria will include: Marketability of sound/look for the music industry, vocal range,
intonation, pitch, clarity, consistency and overall sound.
5. Use of any profane and/or foul language, swearing or any language alluding to race, overt violence
and/or indecency will result in automatic disqualification.
6. If you submit an Entry as a solo artist you may not also submit an Entry as part of a group. Multiple Entries by the same person or group or member thereof shall result in disqualification.
7. Entrants cannot change their submission once their entry has been accepted. Illegible, incomplete, late or garbled Entries will be disqualified.
8. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
First Round – 1st July 2011 to 31st August 2011
1. Our Goal is to keep the Competition Format easy, Contestants will register and upload their original music in videos or MP3`s on the Vox website and request the fans to vote.
2. The contestant will upload their music as per categories; i.e. Rock, Soul, R&B, Pop, Gospel, Reggae and Country etc.
3. The way to vote is by clicking on LIKE text that corresponds with the music videos posted. Voting starts immediately after the video is uploaded.
4. We will have a panel of judges monitoring the videos and giving advice on what the contestant's need to do to make sure that they remain in the competition. Contestants are allowed to upload one video per week.
5. The contestant with the lowest votes at the end of this round will be eliminated.
Second Round: September 1st 2011 – October 31st 2011
1. The Contestants that move to this round have the luxury of uploading more than one original music video or MP3 a week.
2. Voting from fans continues, Contestants are allowed to upload a maximum 2 songs per week.
3. Judges will have a choice to save contestants who have the "package" but received low votes and keep them through to the final performances.
Third and Final Round: Live Performances November 1st 2011 – December 17th 2011
1. The contestants that make it to this round will perform before a live audience and a panel of judges. This will be both in Canada and USA.
2. The live performances will be aired once a week, with eliminations of the contestants that perform the worst or receive the minimum votes will be showcased in the following week, till the finale on December the 17th 2011.
1. Fans can vote for the most popular original song on the website, in which all the contestants/artists will perform at the beginning of the show.
2. Contestants will perform their best original songs as per the categories that they initially uploaded their music.
3. Voting will continue after the live performances are aired, through to the end of the week. The following week's shows will announce the winners and the eliminated contestants.
4. The voting process will consist of an average of the total votes from the fans and the judges.
5. Judges will look for the following package: Music, Lyrics, Arrangement, Vocal ability, Stage Presence, Connection to the audience, overall presentation and performance.
6. We will also have special appearances and performances from established music artists each week.
7. At the final show, December 17th 2011 the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners will be announced and presented with the awards.
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGES.
3 Grand Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of, but not limited to, the following.
NOTE: If a winning participant chooses not to claim the Grand Prize as awarded and/or cooperate with producers and project consultants to finish recording, location shoots and other duties by March 30th 2012, then they will forfeit the Grand Prize. The Vox reserves the right to select another Winner from the Finalists.
NOTE: The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be traded for other services with any other non-participating producers and or partners. The Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. The Grand Prize cannot be used for any other purpose than that set out in these Contest Rules. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion; to substitute any and all of the Grand Prizes for prizes of equal or greater value should all or part of a prize become unavailable for any reason.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS.
By entering the Contest, Entrant:
(a) Releases and holds harmless Sponsors, Administrators and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest or participating in any prize-related activity
(b) Agrees to fully indemnify Sponsors, Administrators and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
8. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules, Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be
(a) Tampering or Attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the web site
(b) Violating the Contest Rules
(c) Violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any property or service
(d) Acting in an unsportsman like or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
9. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE Vox RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsors and Administrators assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any agreement and release documents or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of notification of Finalists or Winners). Sponsors and Administrators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Contest. Sponsors and Administrators assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. Sponsors and Administrators are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsors and Administrators are not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors and Administrators which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, The Vox and the Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
11. ONLINE ACCOUNT HOLDER INFORMATION: "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected Entrants may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with their Entry.
12. LAWS. These are the official contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors.
13. TERMINATION: Sponsors reserve the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The Vox parent company, Canvue Productions Inc. owns all intellectual property rights in The Vox, and The Vox Essence Music Competition, and thevoxshow.com trademarks and related marks. All rights are reserved.